Private Security Providers and the VPs
Published January 17, 2013
Presentation available in Microsoft PowerPoint format
A presentation for private security providers to introduce the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights (VPs) and examine implementation responsibilities and to discuss:
- What are the VPs?
- Why are they important for private security providers?
- Security operations and human rights challenges
- Assessing security and human rights-related issues
- Responsibilities for implementing the VPs
- Guard screening
- Procedures and training
- Equipment transfers and use
- Use of force procedures